If you’ve yet to come across this web series on Youtube consider yourself lucky. It is very misleading as the title makes it sound like they are tackling “feminist” issues like real things that affect real women. You know like the women in the middle east that aren’t allowed to vote or drive or even leave their houses without a man with them. But no this channel is just another attack on men and “toxic masculinity” and of course video games. This channel was one of the main causes of the now infamous “gamergate”. Here are just a few things they do which really grind my gears.
Why It Sucks
1. They raised over $160,000 (was asking for just $6,000) in Kickstarter money. Despite the cash, the video quality did not improve.
2. Steals gaming footage from other YouTubers often pretending it was their staff actually playing the games.
3. Cherry picks the tiniest of details and also lies about the games they “critique.” The most infamous example was in their “Women as Background Decoration” video where they “played” Hitman: Absolution and had Agent 47 kill two strippers in an attempt to show her viewers that gamers are supposed to get perverse pleasure from killing them. Truth is players are supposed to sneak past the strippers and kill the strip club owner. They never bothered to mention that you get penalized for killing non-targets.
4. Their fanbase is incredibly idiotic and often dismiss any criticism against them, often calling them victims of “misogyny” no matter how valid or proven the complains are.
5. Even though they call themselves gamers, in a video in 2010 they outright stated they aren’t fans of video games. It’s clearly just an easy target to attack “toxic masculinity”
6. Despite their claims of being harassed online, it has been proven many times that many of her “death threats” are faked or can’t be produced.
7. In some of their gaming videos it’s clearly indicated they have not played the game. In the now deleted Bayonetta video, they claimed that Bayonetta was fighting a “demon horde” and was a single mom. Neithef of which are true, hence the video being removed. Too much proof of their dishonesty.
8. Very Pro-SJW. Like over the top way too much almost scary SJW
9. They cannot handle criticism no matter how respectful and factual. When they are criticized, which as you can imagine is pretty often, they usually play the victim card.
10. In a video, they claim that LEGO is sexist because their “LEGO Friends” toyline uses pink and purple as their main advertising colors. Yes really colors are now sexist.
I think that makes my case pretty clearly.